What to Do After Being Involved in a Car Accident?

Whether it was your fault or not, you’ll likely be feeling at least some guilt. Fortunately, there are essential steps you can take to navigate the aftermath of a car accident and minimize the stress on your physical and mental health. One such important step to take after being involved in a car accident is to hire a personal injury attorney from Tehrani Law Group.

A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and the rights of your victim. In addition, the personal injury lawyer can make sure that you get the compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more that you may require.

For now, we will take you through what to do after being involved in a car accident – how to report the accident and how to manage any expenses afterward. 

  • Call the police

When involved in an accident, it is important to be a responsible citizen. You should alert the authorities and report the accident. In fact, you can do this by contacting 911 or the local police department. The police may call for emergency medical services and that’s fine, but you should make sure they are aware of your situation as well.

  • Seek emergency medical care

If anyone involved in the collision is injured, you should call for emergency medical care immediately.  It is important to get to a hospital as soon as possible if there are injuries that need immediate medical attention. Even if not any injuries are visible for the time being, it would be better to get everyone involved in the accident examined by a doctor to prevent future complications.

  • Document the accident

When the authorities arrive at the scene, they will take your video evidence, but you should be able to have your own record of what happened. You can collect details from witnesses and write down the information for your records. If you can, you should also gather any evidence that may become relevant later, such as photos or videos from both vehicles and a police officer if present.

  • Consult a personal injury attorney

If you are injured and you have medical bills building up, you should talk to a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation that you need for medical expenses, missed time at work, pain and suffering, and more.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply