In India, Rummy is played in almost every household and is a major source of enjoyment be it online or offline. That said, today with the widespread usage of the internet, the Rummy cash game is played globally. Also, you can participate in rummy cash games and rummy tournaments and win real money. However, if you want to know the difference between rummy cash games and rummy tournaments, we got you covered!
What Is A Rummy Cash Game?
Here, you stand a chance to win real money. To start playing a game you will need a smartphone and stable internet connection. You can rummy app download like MPL, WinZO and register on it. You then need to add cash into your account and you are good to go!
You can choose from many rummy games such as 101, 201 and 61 Pool Rummy, Deals Rummy and Points Rummy. To play cash games, you will have to pay an entry fee before joining. Interestingly, the bigger the entry fee, the more money you can make by playing Rummy cash games. The winnings depend on the entry fee and the rummy variant you choose.
What Is A Rummy Tournament?
A rummy tournament is scheduled and you need to register to play the tournament. In a tournament there will always be two or more players on the table and involves an elimination process. Players will be provided a set of chips to play from at the start of the tournament. To win the tournament, you must ensure to gather all the chips from the other players on the same table.
What Is The Difference Between A Rummy Cash Game and A Rummy Tournament?
|Parameter||Rummy Cash Game||Rummy Tournament|
|Game Duration||Short||Longer than a rummy cash game|
|Schedule||Can be scheduled any time||Are pre-scheduled|
|Winning Amount||Less in comparison to tournaments||Significantly higher|
|Winning Distribution||Winnings are pre-decided in most variants||Amount is distributed from a prize pool|
While playing both types of games can be fun, the main difference between the two is duration of the game. As the name suggests, a Rummy Tournament is longer as it involves many players. Also, if players on one table have declared before others, there will be wait time before other tables declare.
You can join Rummy Cash games any time you wish to but a tournament is pre-scheduled and will start at a specific time. Also, most of the tournaments are held on weekends making it easier for all rummy lovers to join.
When it comes to the winning amount, it is pre-decided in some variants of rummy cash games or based on the number of chips you have collected. In a rummy tournament, a “Prize Pool” is distributed to a few winners. Also, the winning amount in a tournament is much higher than a cash game.
What Are The Pros and Cons?
- Rummy Cash Game
- You can play any time and for any number of minutes or hours.
- It involves smaller buy-ins. While it may not be applicable for every variant, the buy-in is less compared to a tournament. It means you face less risk of losing more cash compared to a tournament.
- Playing cash games regularly can be boring and may result in players losing their focus.
- Since it involves less value buy-ins, the winning amount is also low.
- Rummy Tournament
- Includes huge prize pools and thus helps players win a lot of money in a short span of time.
- As it involves many players, your chances of playing against a few amateur rummy players are high. This way, you are likely to have a chance to defeat them and win huge rewards.
- In a tournament, players have to register and play the game at a specific time. So, players will have to invest a lot of time even before the tournament begins and can take several hours to finish.
- Several rummy platforms ask players to deposit money much before the tournament starts. You will have to lock a certain amount of money to reserve your spot in the tournament.
Which One To Play?
While both types of games are exciting, you can choose to play a rummy cash game to improve your skills. If you are already a good player, you can choose tournaments and stand a chance to win bigger rewards.