Everybody dreams of having a head full of thick and lovely hair. But if you have massive hair loss causing baldness, it can irritate you. It also affects your self-confidence and self-image. In such cases, PRP treatment can be a good option for you.
In this article, Dr. Deepesh Goyal from Rejuvena Cosmo Care hair transplant clinic discusses PRP treatment.
What is PRP Treatment?
PRP is platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss. In this process, your blood is taken out, processed, and injected into the scalp. Your platelet-rich plasma is nutrient-dense. These nutrients stimulate your scalp’s hair follicles. Eventually, that leads to the regeneration of your hair.
Platelet-rich plasma comprises two components: plasma or the liquid portion of blood, and platelets, a kind of blood cell that aids in overall healing. Platelets are well-known for their clotting properties, but they also contain growth factors that can induce cell reproduction and tissue regeneration or healing in the treated region.
Platelet-rich plasma is simply blood that contains more platelets than usual. Dr. Deepesh Goyal from Rejuvena Cosmo Care hair transplant clinic in Jaipur is a cosmetic and plastic surgeon with over 11 years of experience.
PRP therapy requires 3 treatments around 4 to 6 weeks apart. The remedies to maintain PRP treatment are necessary every 4 to 6 months.
- Step 1: Around 50 ml of your blood is taken from your arm.
- Step 2: This blood is then put into a centrifuge machine where, when the engine spins, it swiftly separates fluids of discrete densities. After the centrifuge, the blood will separate into 3 layers:
- Platelet-less plasma, platelet-rich plasma, and red platelets.
- Step 3: The platelet-rich plasma is taken into a syringe and inserted into the scalp by your surgeon, where hair growth is needed. There hasn’t been enough study done to determine whether PRP works. It’s also uncertain who it’s best beneficial for and under what conditions.
Any treatment involving injections has side effects like:
- Blood vessel injury or nerve injury
- Scar tissue
Advantages of PRP treatment
- The therapy will cause you the least amount of discomfort.
- Because it is a non-surgical procedure, there is no risk of scarring on your scalp.
- Because the process is minimally invasive, it is risk-free.
- It restores your natural hair density.
- In the long run, there are no adverse effects.
- PRP therapy is less expensive than other cosmetic operations.
Risks of PRP
It will help if you inform your doctor about your medical history. When you go to your first consultation, your doctor will not let you get PRP treatment if:
- You are on medications for thinning your blood
- If you smoke heavily
- If you have got a history of drug or alcohol misuse
You also can’t get treatment if you have:
- Liver disease
- Skin disease
- Minor or major infections
- Low platelet count
The cost of PRP therapy depends on your location, equipment quality, the number of sessions required, the treatment clinic/hospital area, etc. At Dr. Goyal’s Rejuvena Cosmo Care hair transplant clinic in Jaipur, PRP treatment costs Rs.3000 to Rs. 5000 per session.
In India, the cost of PRP treatment ranges between Rs. 4500 to 15000 per session. The prices at the Rejuvena Cosmo Care hair transplant clinic in Jaipur are more affordable than the rest.
PRP therapy is particularly effective in treating baldness. When combined with other therapeutic processes, it produces a more successful result.
It would be best if you visited a good doctor to find out what combination or treatment can work the best for you. You can visit Dr. Deepesh Goyal’s hair transplant clinic in Jaipur, Rejuvena Cosmo Care to get more information.