Most people choose vinyl, tile, or hardwood as their flooring. While they look fantastic, adding a carpet or a rug accentuates them and provides a contemporary aesthetic. It is easy to understand what this traditional accessory brings; it adds warmth and comfort to the space like no other and makes walking on it fun. If you make the right choice when you buy rugs and carpets online, you can make the most of everything. Here is a guide to help you find the best rugs and carpets for your home. Once you know the various choices at your disposal, check out the latest collections from Wakefit, which can deliver comfort and warmth while also giving you modern aesthetics.
Why buy a Modern Carpet or an Area Rug?
Carpet rugs are available in many designs with an assortment of colours and styles. These are known for their design elements, which are free-form, bold in colour, and range from geometric to aesthetic designs. If you are still not convinced, here are a few reasons why you should use carpets and rugs in your home.
Helps Delineate a Space
If you have a living room with an open floor plan with enough space and light, then it becomes a challenge to define the space and define an area. When that is the case, with no demarcation, the entire house looks like a single entity. The dining room is connected directly to the kitchen, living space, etc. To separate them, modern area rugs or carpets can be used as a defining feature for these spaces. These can also be used around or below the dining table to create a warm vibe. Keeping a carpet in the living room separates the spaces.
Displays your Mood and Personality
Modern living room rugs can induce different moods, which is surprisingly true. Apart from being highly comfortable, they also help in establishing the atmosphere that you desire. Look for neutral colours when buying rugs online for your modern office or home. Some design tips are to opt for a green or bright yellow one to create an exciting and cheerful mood in your kid’s room. On the other hand, if you choose a dark colour, it may make your child restless and tired. A brightly coloured carpet or rug can not only add colour but also order to the space.
Adds Variety to the Living Space
Area rugs designs come in many textures, patterns, colours, shapes, and sizes. So when you add based on the style and theme of the space, it adds variety. If you have a large area to cover, you may find it difficult to find the perfect size, so varying rugs come in handy. A rug of the same shape and size can divide the room, and when you use varying combinations, it gives a sense of unity. To create balance, choose rugs of different sizes. For instance, a rectangular or circular rug is best next to the door, while you can use a square rug for the living room.
Increases the Visual Appeal
Modern carpets and rugs come in many patterns and textures, which can improve the visual appeal of a space. Plus, they are available at pocket-friendly prices, and they can bring the best out of any space. They can be placed in any location and look awesome in the room. If you have a small living room, stripy modern carpets can make the space more modern and spacious. A minimalist rug can give a contemporary feel to the space.
Make the Home Look more Warm and Comfortable
Floor rugs give off an air of relaxation, which is much-needed in your home. So, when choosing a rug or a carpet, consider the room in which you place it. If it is a room that is busy, you should not choose too many colours and patterns. Choose a neutral-coloured carpet or rug if you have a living room that is brightly coloured and patterned. That complements the furniture and the style of the space. On the contrary, if the decor is neutral, then choose a bright-coloured rug that makes a great statement.
Pick the Right Size to give the Right Look
When it comes to choosing living room rugs, pick the right size. A small rug under a carpet looks cramped, whereas when it is too large, it can make the space look cluttered. To buy a carpet, choose a dimension that is three feet less than the size of the space. For example, if the space is 12*20 feet, choose a carpet that is 9*17 feet.
Popular Area Rugs and Carpets
Below are some popular area carpets and rugs:
- Contemporary looking great modern carpet rug: Choose a carpet with a great design and one that features a beautiful multi-colour sheen. Pick a contrasting colour for the sober grey shade, creating a variation. This contemporary rug is ideal for any room and acts as a decorative accessory all through your house.
- Luxurious, silky, and soft area rug: A modern area carpet or rug that is luxurious is quite relaxing. You can use it to sit and work or lounge and watch movies. The best part of this carpet is that it can be used in a formal setting and also in rare-used places as bedroom rugs, along with everyday common areas. Look for a retailer that offers modern and chic carpets that are available in many sizes and hues.
- Hand-woven modern carpets: It is a great addition to your contemporary home as they provide the finishing touch to your design. The modern contemporary design adds a striking undertone that plays up the aesthetics of your space.
- Floral motif carpets: A botanical motif sets them apart from the rest of the accessories while complementing them equally well. Look for a colourful combination and the perfect blend of materials to add charm.
- Stylized Modern Carpets: Choose oversized stylized florals as they add variety to the room. When you choose unique designs, they fascinate with their shading and symmetry.
A modern carpet and area rug is one of the essential elements in an interior design and is an art for the floor. They come in colourful or neutral designs and are not boring. If you are buying rugs and carpets online, choose one that suits your style and personality, not something that is commonly used. You are surely not going to regret your choice.