As well as having an incredibly secure app store, iOS users also have a great choice of third-party app stores, where they can download plenty of modified and tweaked content, not to mention game emulators, tweaks, and loads of other content. Most of these were brought out when jailbreaking disappeared but they have moved from being Cydia alternatives to app store alternatives, and now we have another new one. It’s called TweakDoor, it doesn’t need a jailbreak and it’s free to use, so read on for the details.
How to Download TweakDoor:
TweakDoor is simple to download and you can do it straight to your device without a computer:
- Open Safari browser and go to the linked TweakDoor download page
- Tap on one of the configuration profiles and wait until it has been downloaded to your device
- Go into your iOS Settings app and tap on Profile Downloaded
- Tap on Install and wait – when the icon is on your home screen, TweakDoor has been installed
How to Use TweakDoor:
TweakDoor is a user-friendly app:
- Tap the icon on your home screen
- If you see the Untrusted Developer error, look in the FAQ section below for the fix
- Once in TweakDoor, choose an app or a game to download and tap it – a search bar can help you find what you want
- Tap on GET and follow the directions on your screen to install it
- The TweakDoor app icon appears on your device home screen
What is TweakDoor?
It is one of the best unofficial app stores in the world, offering tons of tweaked apps, modified games, emulators, tweaks, and much more. None of this content is available in the official app store because Apple has strict rules on including modified content, particularly where in-app features have been unlocked and made available for free. You will also find that all geo-restrictions are removed, new features have been added and there is even some premium content for free. The best bit is, it’s all free.
When you download TweakDoor, you get all these features:
- Loads of modified and tweaked content
- Regular updates
- Apps can be updated via TweakDoor
- Safe and legal
- Uses few device resources
- No need to jailbreak or give your Apple ID
- Has the same privacy standards as official app store apps
How to Delete TweakDoor:
IF you need to delete TweakDoor, you can do it in these two ways:
Method 1: Deleting the Profile
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Tap on TweakDoor and tap Delete Profile
- Exit Settings – TweakDoor is gone
Method 2: Deleting the Icon
- Find the TweakDoor icon and long-press on it
- When it goes into Wiggle mode, tap on the small x
- Tap on Delete on the popup message and TweakDoor is removed
Frequently Asked Questions:
These tell you everything else you need to know about TweakDoor:
Is TweakDoor Safe?
Yes. First, you do not need to provide your Apple ID or jailbreak your device. And the developers keep it regularly updated and use SSL encryption to secure your downloads.
What Devices Will it Work on?
TweakDoor will work on any device on iOS 10 or higher and iPadOS.
How to Fix the White Screen?
The easiest fix is to delete TweakDoor from your device and install it again
This happens because Apple cannot verify the developer. You can with these simple steps:
- Open Settings > General > Profiles
- Tap on the developer name and tap Trust or Verify
I Don’t See an Install Option
If you already have an older version of TweakDoor on your device, you cannot install a newer one due to conflicts. Delete TweakDoor entirely from your device and reinstall it.
Why Should I Use TweakDoor?
Because what it offers cannot be found in the official app store and, short of jailbreaking your device, it is the best way to get unofficial content for free and with no restrictions.
Are TweakDoor and Panda Helper the Same?
They offer much the same content and the developers collaborated to make sure that one or other of the app stores will work on your device. That way, if one doesn’t work, the other will and you still get your apps and games.
Will it Work on Android?
No, it is an iOS-only app store but there may be an official Android version in the near future. For now, any links claiming to be the APK file are fake.
How to Find an App or Game?
Browse through the app categories or use the search bar to find an app or game and tap on it to install it.
TweakDoor is an excellent alternative to the app store and millions of people use it every day. Install it today and find out why.