The Google Play Store is packed with over 3 million apps and games, offering pretty much what everyone wants. However, it doesn’t offer unofficial Android apps and games, simply because Google has very strict guidelines on what they will allow in. This means users are forced to find their apps and games by other means and, until now, it would have meant having to root their devices, a decidedly risky endeavour since it could result in the device being rendered useless. However, that is no longer the case because an unofficial app store called ACMarket has changed the game. With plenty of unofficial apps and games on offer, its completely free to use so read on for all the details.
How to Download ACMarket:
Installing ACMarket is pretty simple and all you need to do is install the APK file manually onto your device:
- Launch your mobile browser and open the ACMarket download page
- Download the APK file onto your device
- Open your device Settings app and go into Security or Privacy Settings ( depends on your firmware version )
- Select the Unknown Sources option and enable it
- Open your device downloads folder
- Double-tap on the APK file and follow any installation instructions on your screen
- When the file is installed, you will see ACMarket on your device home screen.
How to Use ACMarket:
ACMarket is not difficult to use:
- Launch ACMarket on your device
- On the home page, tap on Apps
- Choose one of the app categories – see below for details
- Find and tap an app or game you want
- Follow any on-screen installation directions and wait
- You will see the app icon on your home page when it is successfully installed.
ACMarket offers users plenty of cool features, including being completely free to use and not requiring you to root your device. One of its biggest and best features is the sheer number of apps and games ACMarket offers and, because there is so much, the developers have sorted it all into the following categories, making it much easier for you to find what you want:
- Android Apps – plenty of official and unofficial Android apps and games, all free, including the premium content
- ACMarket Apps – Exclusive apps and games not found in the official app store, such as screen recorders, emulators, and more
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps tweaked with new features
- Modified Games – stock games, modified and unlocked
Frequently Asked Questions:
ACMarket is unofficial and that leads to many questions being asked about it. These are the commonly asked ones:
Is ACMarket An Android-Only App?
Officially, yes. However, the developers have provided workarounds to get their app onto iOS, Mac and Windows.
Do I Need to Root My Device?
No, this is not necessary. However, if you do choose to root your device, you will benefit from additional features. The apps and games you already have on your device will be automatically given the new, modified features and you wont run the risk of apps being blocked by the Play Store when you use them over the internet.
Will My Device Warranty Be Affected?
Installing ACMarket on your device does not affect your warranty because it is safe to download. However, should you choose to root your device, your warranty may be revoked, and some apps change how your device works. If you need to return your device for repair, simply delete these apps and install them again later.
ACMarket Error Fixes:
While ACMarket is incredibly stable and reliable, there are some users reporting that the app has stopped working on their devices. This could happen for any number of reasons and there are several fixes:
Method 1: Reset App Preferences:
- Open Android Settings and tap on Apps or App Manager
- Tap on All Apps>Reset Apps Preferences
- Tap on Reset Now and ACMarket should work again
If that doesn’t work, try this:
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Go into Settings and tap Apps
- Tap in System Apps > Package Installer
- Tap on the Clear Data and Clear Cache options*
* These options are in Storage for those on Android 6 Marshmallow
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- Launch Settings > Security/privacy
- Enable Unknown Sources
- ACMarket should now work
If not, delete the app installer. Check that Unknown Sources is still enabled and reinstall it
ACMarket is a great choice of app store but it may not work for all users. There is another free alternative that doesn’t require you to root your device and it’s called Panda Helper. It offers a similar choice of unofficial apps and games and works in the same way.
Packed with modified games, tweaked apps, and other free content, ACMarket is one of the best alternatives to the official Android app store. Free to use, it offers something for everyone so give it a go on your device today and see what it offers you.