This machine evenly blends sand, gravel, cement, and water to create concrete. They are portable and compact, making them simple to use even in isolated locations.
Moreover, for a building contractor, this equipment is crucial. In this article, we will discuss the functions and types of concrete mixers.
It is favored because of its durability, adaptability, and strength. The manual preparation of the concrete mixer in the past resulted in time loss and a lack of accuracy. They can swiftly prepare concrete mixers of various strengths. Some of the mixers can dispense the mixture right to the construction site.
It is important to note that the concrete mixer for sale in Kenya is highly affected by the type.
Functions and advantages of this type of mixer
- It is used to combine various aggregates with water on construction sites.
- Time is saved. It properly combines the contents while allowing the workers to focus on other tasks in the interim.
- You can save money by not manually hiring additional staff to mix cement and concrete.
- You avoid physical strain from mixing the concrete by hand. This happens due to the intense pressure being placed on the shoulders.
- Since no specialized knowledge is needed, it is convenient and straightforward.
Types of concrete mixers
Concrete mixers are of 2 types;
- Continuous mixers
- Batch mixers
- Tilting drum mixers
- Reversing drum mixer
- Non-tilting mixers
It constantly discharges and mixes the concrete until a work break or after the job is finished. Most frequently used for significant projects like dams, bridges, or tall skyscrapers.
They are employed in the batch-by-batch collection of the concrete mix produced when mixing concrete. They come in two varieties: pan-type mixers and drum-type mixers.
Drum type mixers
Ingredients are blended in a cylindrical drum. They are divided into three categories:
- Reversing mixers
- Tilting drum mixers
- Non tilting drum mixers
They are comparable to non-tilting types; however, in this instance, the rotation is reversed differently.
The Tilting drum mixer
This concrete mixer drum tilts downwards to discharge the concrete and is used for big projects. The mixing efficiency depends on the following:
- The shape of the drum
- Angle of blades
- The angle of the drum
- Size of the blade
Its disadvantage is that concrete sticks to the bottom of the drum
Non tilting drum mixers
There is a horizontal rotation of the drum. The chute is set up to discharge the concrete at an angle.
Pan-type concrete mixers
In its round mixing pan, concrete is blended. If you want to improve mixing, the blades are positioned inside the pan in a star pattern.
There are only two types of pan-type mixers;
- Only the star blade rotates about the vertical axis of the pan, and the circular pan is constant
- The blades remain in the stationary position when the pan rotates.
People employ tools like concrete mixers, which are simple to use and do outstanding work, to make labor easier. Due to its benefits, buying this gadget is worthwhile. This article will act as an effective material for referencing. For more, check concrete mixer price in Kenya.