Losing your hair could bring you a great deal of loss of confidence and self-image. It could be because of age, genetics, disease like alopecia, etc. But it does not mean that you can never get your hair back.
If you want to go for it, a hair transplant could be an excellent option.In this article, Dr. G.K.Sharma from Regrow hair transplant clinic discusses FUE transplants in India.
What is FUE?
FUE is Follicular Unit Extraction. It is a hair transplant treatment where your doctor takes a hair follicle out of your skin and implants them somewhere else on your body. This makes the hair look thicker in the new area.
Hair grafts (each graft comprises 1 to 3 hair follicles) are extracted from a section of the head- typically from the back of the head that has a permanent and potent hair graft and implanted on the bald area during a hair transplant.
FUE does not leave large scars like follicular unit transplantation or FUT. FUE is more popular than FUT because of this.
You are the best candidate for FUE if you have some hair that is thinning or balding but still have enough hair left near the treatment area to use for a transplant.
You may not be able to have an FUE treatment if you do not have enough thick or healthy hair to transplant in the thinning or balding area.
Dr. G.K.Sharma from Regrow hair transplant clinic is a renowned Clinical Cosmetologist and FUE Expert who performs FUE hair transplant in India. He has over 18 years of experience in this field.
According to Dr. Sharma, the following are the step procedures for FUE hair transplant in India:
- Your surgeon will start by shaving the procedure area and the area from which the follicles will be extracted.
- Then the surgeon will remove your hair follicles by using a tool called a micro punch tool.
- Then your surgeon will make tiny incisions with a needle or sharp tool on the procedure area. The extracted particles will be inserted here.
- Your surgeon will then insert the follicles into the incisions they have made.
- Then the treatment area will be cleaned and bandaged for recovery.
- FUE hair transplant treatment is available at Regrow Hair Transplant Clinic.
Preparation before the transplant
According to Dr. Sharma, you must take the following precautions before undergoing an FUE hair transplant.
- Do not smoke at least a day before the transplant.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 3 days.
- Do not take supplements or vitamins at least 2 weeks before the transplant.
- Try not to take antidepressants 2 weeks before the transplant.
- Do not cut your hair before the transplant.
- You can do a 20-30 minute scalp massage daily before your transplant.
- Do take medications that your surgeon has recommended.
- Do not consume medications used for blood thinning for at least two weeks before the transplant.
Precautions after the transplant
The recovery time after the FUE transplant is pretty quick. You might feel some discomfort or swelling afterward for around three days. Your surgeon may give some instructions to follow after your transplant, such as:
- Do not wash your hair for at least three days.
- Use unscented and gentle shampoos for a few weeks.
- Do not brush or comb your hair for at least three weeks.
- Do not wear hats, scarves, or other clothing on your hair until your surgeon says it is okay.
- During the healing process, some hair may fall out, which I find. You will start seeing a difference 3 to 4 months later.
According to Dr. Sharma, the following are the advantages of FUE hair transplant in India:
- The results are more natural-looking than FUT. The scarring is more minimal than FUT.
- Recovery time is less.
- The success rate of surviving follicles is higher.
Risks or Side effects
There will be no scars like FUT but little white dots where the surgeon has taken out your hair follicles. Following are the side effects that you might experience:
- Pain or swelling around the treatment area
- Bleeding from the treatment area
- Numbness or tingling sensation
- Transplanted hair looks different than the rest of your hair
- Thinning of hair or balding continues even after the transplant.
Effectiveness of FUE Hair Transplant
After the first few weeks after the procedure, the grafts that are transplanted shed and do not produce new hair for a while. After that, the hair growth progress might be as given below:
- Within 3 to 4 months: 10%-20% of hair growth
- Within six months: 50% of hair growth
- Within 8 to 9 months: 80% of hair growth
You can see complete hair growth about 9 to 12 months after the hair transplant.
Cost of Hair transplant in India
The cost of hair transplants in India varies from clinic to clinic, says Dr. Sharma. The cost of a hair transplant in India is between Rs. 20 to Rs. 35 per graft. Each draft consists of 1 to 3 hair follicles. Considering several grafts, the cost of FUE hair transplant in India ranges from Rs. 15000 to Rs. 2,05,000.
Losing your hair continuously and in massive amounts could damage your confidence and self-image. Hair transplants are a treatment option for noticeably thinning hair. The effects of a hair transplant are considered permanent since you cannot reverse them. You can consider an FUE hair transplant to regain your hair and confidence.