Pavers are one of the most common building materials used in construction projects. If you’re considering a renovation or a DIY home improvement project, you’ve probably come across pavers of all kinds in your search for building materials. In this blog post, we take a closer look at what exactly pavers are and how to use them.
What Exactly is a Paver?
A paver, also known as a paving stone, is a piece of stone, brick or block that is designed for paving a surface. Some of the most common uses of pavers in Melbourne include paving driveways and landscaping. Pavers can come in all shapes, sizes and materials. Nonetheless, they are typically uniform in nature to enable them to fit closely together and create a seamlessly connected surface when used for paving.
Why Should I Use Pavers?
If you’re considering embarking on a home improvement project or renovation, you might be wondering if it is really necessary to incur the extra costs of paving your yard or driveway. While paving may not be for everyone, it does have many benefits. Some of the advantages of paving include:
- Increased durability. Paving areas with high footfall or vehicle movement such as a driveway can help it last longer. Pavers are highly durable and can prevent these areas from experiencing any physical damage.
- Low maintenance costs. If installed correctly, pavers generally do not require frequent maintenance. Occasionally cleaning is all that is required, meaning that their maintenance costs tend to be generally low.
- Increased property value. Studies have shown that pavers can increase the value of a property by up to 70%. They can do so by contributing significantly to the aesthetic appeal of a property.
Choosing the Right Pavers
If you’ve decided to use pavers in your next project, you might then be wondering exactly what pavers to use. When choosing a paver, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Thus, it can be a good idea to choose a paver that caters best to your needs. Here are some of the most popular paving options available and some common use scenarios:
- Brick pavers. Brick pavers are made of clay that has been shaped and cured. While they may not be as durable as their concrete counterparts, they offer significantly greater visual appeal, making them a great option for paving driveways.
- Sandstone pavers. Sandstone pavers have a rustic look and are ideal for paving yards, patios and outdoor spaces.
- Terracotta pavers. Terracotta paving has an exquisite and refined look, although this comes at the cost of some durability. Thus, while they may not be ideal for driveways, they are perfect for paving things like stairs and walls.
Where to Get Pavers in Melbourne?
Fulton Bricks and Paving is Melbourne’s premier supplier of pavers and other construction suppliers. They have decades of experience in construction manufacturing and use only the highest quality of materials. If you’re looking for pavers for your next project, don’t hesitate to contact them today for a free quote!