Among the several science and technological advancements, Communication and Information Technology have profoundly affected humankind. It has impacted the quality of life and made mundane daily tasks much more efficient and less cumbersome. From the technological change of the 1980s: “E-mail – Internet – Computers – STD Kiosks” to the quantum leap of the 2000s: “Broadband-Mobile phones- -Tablets-Bluetooth devices” and now to the advancements of the last decade: “Wireless Broadband-Wi-fi – Smart Phones – Connected Homes-AI based Devices & Apps” the changes have been humongous and unprecedented in many ways. We have all welcomed these changes gleefully, and the elderly, too, have reluctantly embraced them and are fast adapting to them.
Probably, the single most life-changing advancement in recent years has been AI-based devices that aid us at every step of our daily lives.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
It is worthwhile to understand what ‘Artificial Intelligence’ actually is.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a branch of computer science focused on developing and building Smart Machines which are capable of performing tasks that require human intelligence.
In simple words, Artificial Intelligence leverages Computers and computerized machines to emulate the problem-solving and decision-making capabilities of the human mind to a significant extent.
If you searched for AI on Google, closed, and searched again, Google quickly populated websites featuring AI. You searched for a particular product on Amazon some days back, you opened Amazon for something, and the App straight away lists several options of that product. These are classical day-to-day happenings where Artificial Intelligence te
Let us look at some of the key examples in our daily lives influenced by Artificial Intelligence to understand why you should opt for an AI ML Course.
1) Digital Assistants
Google Now, Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, and Microsoft’s Cortana are all Digital Assistants that enable Smartphone and Computer users, perform their various tasks with added convenience. Whether it is checking Schedules, searching for something on the Web, giving a Voice instruction or opening a particular App; it is AI, that makes these Apps work and also respond more efficiently, as they analyze and learn from every interaction with the user.
2) Navigation through Maps
Google Maps uses AI technology, Machine learning in combination with various data sources and aggregate location data, historical traffic patterns, local government data, and real-time feedback from users to predict traffic and navigate you to your destination in the shortest time possible and through the.
3) Parking Vehicles and Self-Driving vehicles
Assisted Parking uses AI to sense and recognize obstacles around a Car, helping you steer the Car clear of obstacles and park at a designated place without much difficulty. Self-driving vehicles use Deep Learning (considered a subset of AI) to recognize the immediate region around a vehicle and drive the vehicle independently. Nvidia- the Technology company, uses AI to equip cars with the “power to see, think, and learn” so they can navigate with a nearly infinite range of possible driving scenarios. Companies like Toyota, Audi, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, and Tesla are using AI-powered technology to provide users the option of Self Driving cars. This technology is revolutionizing how people drive and travel in Self-driven vehicles.
4) Smart E-mail communication
- a) Gmail feature of Smart replies: Gmail provides users with the option of responding to their mails with short and simple phrases like“Yes, I’m working on it” or “No, I am not,” just with a click. AI enables smart replies that are customized to the content of different emails, giving users the option to choose to reply by actually typing a response or simply choosing a ‘Smart Reply’ click.
- b) Filters in Gmail: Gmail also uses AI to ensure incoming mails are authentic and filter emails, then sort and organize into the following convenient categories. This helps in quickly assessing and responding to emails that you deem important.
5) Web search assisted by AI
Google has been using AI for some time now to make Google search faster and efficient.
Google predictive searches: AI working behind the scenes as the Search Engine lists or making recommendations to choose when you begin entering a search term in Google search. Predictive search is based on data that Google collects and analyzes about you (personal details: location, age) and your search pattern. The search engine uses AI technology to speculate what you might be trying to find and suggest accordingly.
6) Enhanced Experience at Online Stores and Services because of AI
- Product Recommendations: E-commerce stores like Amazon, Flipkart, Bigbasket, Grofers use AI for collecting, analyzing information about your buying habits and preferences. It then applies this data to suggest new products customized to your purchase habits, thereby personalizing your shopping experience and making it seem convenient.
- Music Recommendation:Music services like Spotify, Gaana, Google Play, Amazon Music, etc., apply AI technology to track your listening habits. They then use this analysis to suggest songs aligned to your listening preferences like genre, artist, etc., which you are likely to hear.
Spotify analyses your listening habits to offer suggestions for discoveries, new releases, and old favorites.
Google Play also offers AI-enabled personalized music recommendations, taking into account factors like weather and time of the day to provide particular music that can set the mood for specific activities. For example, you may be offered a dance music playlist on a weekend evening or soft acoustic music on a rainy day.
7) Social Media Apps offer AI to enhance user experience
Using AI, social media users find locating and communicating with friends and business associates easier.
- Facebook: Deep Learning is used by Facebook to analyze user databases, and their status updating frequency, visit pattern, etc., to suggest topics, sites, and friends that are likely to interest you.
- Instagram:Instagram uses big data combined with Artificial Intelligence to target users with advertising, address cyberbullying and delete offensive comments. AI also helps show users the information they may like and enhance the user experience.
- Twitter: Twitter uses AI to make tweet recommendations, fight inappropriate or racist content, enhancing user experience. Twitter is processing lots of data through deep neural networks to learn over time what users’ preferences are.
8) Commercial Airlines: Commercial Airlines are increasingly using AI to reduce the flying workload and intelligently assist Pilots in performing their tasks efficiently. Studies have estimated that pilots of Boeing 777 planes spend only 7 minutes manually flying the plane during a typical flight, with much of the balance flying being done by AI technology.
Artificial Intelligence is increasingly making our daily lives more efficient and convenient. AI is the technology driving many of these programs and services that help us do everyday tasks such as connecting with friends on Social Networks, using an Email program, or using a Cab service. Most of us have been using AI daily for many years now without being fully aware of it. Young people aspiring to change careers or make a career should skill up online AI courses. Several convenient, affordable digital learning courses are available today, providing Study and Career options.
Get yourself know more about computer buffalo the nextweb.